- Environmental Policy
- Maintance Policy
- Security Policy
- Dry Docking Policy
- Emergency Policy
- Company SQEMS Policy
- Drug And Alcohol Policy
- Training Policy
- Energy Efficiency Management Policy
- Cyber Security Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Social Responsibility Policy
- Sustainability Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
The Company has established SAFETY, QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT POLICY to provide healthy and safe working conditions to ensure prevention of human injury or loss of life and damage to marine environment, ship and property to maintain a safe and pollution-free operational practices which comply the national and international regulations together with the relevant standards and guidelines to ensure quality of the operations that meets the clients requirements.
YASA is committed to providing a safe, secure and healthy working environment both afloat and ashore for all of its employees and for all who have reason to be on or about the vessels under their management. Yasa’s target is that its vessels be operated with zero injuries.
YASA attaches the utmost importance to the preservation of the environment and is determined to ensure that every person working for or on its behalf is made aware of its concern and does their utmost to achieve its target; zero pollution.
YASA defines safety and environmental excellences as; “NO HARM TO ANY PERSON, AND NO DAMAGE TO THE ENVIRONMENT OR PROPERTY”.
This Company Manual explains and conducts the Company’s management system in respect of the safe operation of ships for environmental management and quality assurance.
The contents of the Manual have been reviewed and made compliance with the requirements of ISM Code, ISO 9001 (2015), ISO 14001 (2015) and OHSAS 18001 (2007) Standards.
YASA is committed through continuous efforts to improve environmental performance in all areas required by the international regulations, laws and Company’s IMS towards a cleaner environment, and to ensure:
- Pollution prevention that emphasizes source reduction, including necessary funding and human resources, to effectively maintain the on-board systems, equipment and components.
- Continuous reduction of environmental risks.
- Sharing information on environmental performance with external stakeholders.
This policy covers pollution from the following sources:
- Oil, associated products, and chemicals, sludge, bilge water, tank cleaning residue;
- Noxious liquid substances;
- Dangerous goods;
- Ballast water (including the transfer of micro-organisms);
- Cargo vapour and engine exhaust emissions;
- Refrigerants, halons and chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs);
- Noise; and
- Anti-fouling paints.
The Company’s goal is to achieve ZERO spills through continuous improvement.
For achieving this goal, the Company:
- Complies with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and requirements and applies responsible standards where laws, regulations and requirements do not exist.
- Responds quickly and effectively to environmental incidents resulting from its operations, in co-operation with industry organizations and authorized government agencies.
- Assesses all identified risks to the environment and establishes appropriate safeguards.
- Shows concern and respect for the environment, emphasizes every employee's responsibility in environmental performance and fosters appropriate operating practices and training.
- Undertakes appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy.
- Conducts and supports research to improve understanding of the impact of its business on the environment, to improve methods of environmental protection and to enhance its capability to make operations compatible with the environment.
- Manages its business with the goal of preventing environmental incidents and of controlling emissions and wastes to below harmful levels.
- Designs, operates and maintains facilities to this end.
- Shares its experience with others to facilitate improvements in industry performance.
YASA is committed to pursuing its targets of zero pollution/zero injuries through a process of continual operational improvement, by regularly setting target, monitoring performance, analysing incidents that occur, identifying root causes and refining procedures accordingly.
Types of ships under management: CRUDE OIL / PRODUCT/CHEMICAL TANKERS. Company objectives are to;
- Provide for safe practices in ship operation and safe working environment,
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks and continuously improve the Safety, Quality and Environmental Management skills of personnel both ashore and onboard the ship, including preparing for emergencies related with the safety and environmental protection,
- Provide the environmentally and friendly practices in ship operation and pollution free working environment,
- The Company’s activities as ship management service has to be appropriate to the nature scale and environmental impact,
- Commitment to comply with relevant environmental legislations and regulations and with other requirements to which the organization subscribes,
- Commitment to the continual improvement of SQEMS and prevention of sea pollution,
- Determine the client’s needs and ensure that customer requirements are met as a quality objective with consistent maintenance of that quality in a reliable manner by focusing on customer needs; thus attaining continual improvement and customer satisfaction,
- To ensure that relevant processes in place and resources are available to implement the system effectively,
- Satisfy the Company's objectives to attain and maintain the desired quality and safety standards at optimum cost.
These objectives will be achieved by;
- Maintaining high standards of safety consciousness, personal discipline and individual
accountability by adherence to a comprehensive and documented system of training,
- To provide the frame work for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets,
- Actively promoting employee participation in measures aimed at improving safety and protecting the environment,
- Keeping all personnel fully informed of any known or potential hazards that may affect themselves, their colleagues, the ship or the environment by transmittal of pertinent documentation,
- Ensuring adherence at all times to the documented operating procedures and activities and continuously reviewing all mandatory rules, regulations, industry codes and guidelines that are relevant to Oil Tankers and it’s trades,
- Implementation of a documented system which provides objective evidence that the quality system is operating effectively and quality objectives are met,
- Conducting regular Management Reviews at planned intervals to ensure continuity,continuing, suitability and adequacy and effectiveness of Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System
I promise and commit to take full responsibility for the implementation of the SAFETY, QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM and guarantee that all personnel working ashore and the seafarers including the Master onboard perform their duties in accordance with the requirements of the Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Manual.
I have entrusted the responsibility and the authority for the supervision and maintenance of the Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System to the General Manager. The General Manager shall point out problems in Safety, Quality and Environmental Management, propose, recommend and offer solutions and measures, and shall have full authority and responsibility necessary or maintain and impairing the Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System. Additionally, General Manager shall give necessary instructions to the related departments and the Master to discuss problems with person in charge of each department until a satisfactory result going to be reached and shall confer decisions on all management related problems.
The Safety ,Quality and Environmental Management Policy of the Company has been explained and instructed on the above . This policy is documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all person(s) performing task for the organization or on its behalf and it is available to the public.
All person(s) performing task for the organization or on its behalf are strictly instructed to adhere to this policy.
This Policy has the full support of Top Management, is available to the public and applies to all Company’s employees.