- Environmental Policy
- Maintance Policy
- Security Policy
- Dry Docking Policy
- Emergency Policy
- Company SQEMS Policy
- Drug And Alcohol Policy
- Training Policy
- Energy Efficiency Management Policy
- Cyber Security Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Social Responsibility Policy
- Sustainability Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
Energy Efficiency Management Policy
The Company, having established and implementing an Environmental Management System certified in accordance with ISO 14001, believes that although shipping is by far the most fuel-efficient mode of transport, nevertheless additional action has to be taken to further improve the energy efficiency of ship related operations. The increased energy efficiency eventually results in increased environmental protection by reducing air emissions.
Energy efficiency is controlled primarily through well-planned and properly managed ship operations and needs the personal commitment of everyone involved in the above tasks. To be successful, energy efficiency and conservation must become part of the day to day operation and living onboard.
In our efforts to enhance the energy efficiency on the shipboard operations, the Company is committed to:
- Establishing and maintaining a Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) which is regularly reviewed by all concerned departments and approved by the management of the Company. This Plan, which applies to all fleet vessels, provides standard procedures and practices on best energy management under the various operational modes of the vessel
- Implementing an Environmental Management System supported with several environmental programs with the objective of continually increasing energy efficiency and minimizing energy waste. A set of time-specific, measurable - whenever practicable - and achievable targets shall be established and maintained, which shall relate to a combination of design optimization, in-service performance monitoring and best-practice operational management processes
- Promoting energy efficiency awareness through training to the shore and sea-going personnel and implementing energy related Campaigns and other personnel incentive/motivating programs
- Monitoring and complying with all applicable legal requirements related to ship energy efficiency management
This Policy shall be periodically reviewed with the aim of being kept always updated so as to function as the “leading light” towards a continual energy efficiency improved performance.