The company has set up this policy to provide healthy and safe working conditions to ensure prevention of human injury or loss of life and damage to environment, ship and property, to maintain a safe and pollution-free (by protecting the environment) operating practice that complies with national and international regulations and relevant standards and guidelines, to use energy efficiently and to ensure quality of the operations that each part or function meets the clients’ requirements leading to sustained customer satisfaction. This Company manual describes the Company’s management system for the safe operation of ships, for quality and environmental management. Its contents have been reviewed and indicate compliance with the requirements of I.M.O. Resolution A741/18 as amended - The International Safety Management System, ISO 9001 (2015), ISO 14001 (2015) and OHSAS 18001 (2007) Standards.
Types of ships under management: Bulk Carriers.
Company objectives are to:
- Prevention of loss of life, work-related injury or illness by promoting safe and healthy practices and proper planning and execution of operations;
- To ensure that all shipboard operations are carried out safely and effectively by assessing all identified risks to its ship, personnel, environment and business activity and establishing appropriate safeguards;
- Commitment to encourage all individuals to identify potentially unsafe conditions or unlawful practices and to undertake corrective measures;
- Continuously improve the Occupational Health , Safety, Quality and Environmental Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard the ship, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety and environmental protection;
- Satisfy the Company's objectives to attain and maintain the desired quality and safety standards at optimum cost ,and ;
- Provide for environmentally friendly practices in ship operation and pollution free working environment ;
- Using natural resources effectively and improving overall energy efficiency;
- Being appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of the company’s activities as ship management service;
- Commitment to comply with relevant legal requirements and regulations, and with other requirements to which the organization subscribes;
- Commitment to the continual improvement of HSQEM system, Occupational Health & Safety performance , Environmental performance and prevention of sea pollution;
- Determine the clients' needs and ensure that customer requirements are met as a quality objective with consistent maintenance of that quality in a reliable manner by focusing on customer needs; thus attaining continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that relevant processes in place and resources are available to implement the system effectively.
These objectives will be achieved by;
- Maintaining high standards of safety consciousness, personal discipline and individual accountability by adherence to a comprehensive and documented system of training;
- Providing the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets;
- Actively promoting employee participation in measures aimed at improving safety and protecting the environment;
- Identifying, documenting, assessing and conducting periodic reviews of the principal health, environmental, safety and security risks affecting our business;
- Implementing practical measures to manage identified risks effectively;
- Increasing awareness on optimal energy usage and efficiency;
- Ensuring adherence at all times to the documented operating procedures and activities and continuously reviewing all mandatory rules, regulations, industry codes and guidelines that are relevant to specific vessel types and trades;
- Implementation of a documented system which provides objective evidence that the quality system is operating effectively and quality objectives are met;
- Performing regular health , environmental , safety and security audits and taking prompt action on identified shortcomings;
- Promptly reporting and properly investigating all health, environmental, safety and security incidents and taking appropriate action to prevent recurrence;
- Conducting regular Management Reviews at planned intervals to ensure continuity, continuing suitability and adequacy and effectiveness of Occupational Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System.
I promise and commit to take full responsibility for the implementation of the occupational health, safety, quality and environmental management system, and guarantee that all personnel working ashore and the seafarers including the Masters on board perform their duties in accordance with the requirements of the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Manual.
I have entrusted the responsibility and the authority for the supervision and maintenance of the Occupational Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System to the General Manager. He is the Designated Person and Management Representative. The General Manager shall point out problems in Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management, propose, recommend and offer solutions and measures, and shall have full authority and responsibility necessary to maintain and implement Occupational Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System. In addition, the general manager shall give necessary instructions to the related departments and the master, discuss problems with personnel in charge of each department until a satisfactory solution is reached, and shall confer decisions on all management related problems.
The basic policy related to the Occupational Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System of the Company has been described above.
This policy is documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the company; and it is available to the public. All persons working for or on behalf of the company are requested to adhere to this policy.